Increase your immunity with these simple changes
Your immune system has a big job fighting off germs, environmental toxins, and other threats. Wouldn’t you like to give it a hand to make its work easier? After all, many factors can strengthen your immune response, and some of them may surprise you. While a balanced diet and regular exercise are essential, they are just two of the compelling ways to maximize your healing powers.
1. Laugh it up. A good laugh burns calories, boost your heart rate and strengthen your immune system. One study measured increased levels of specific antibodies in adults after they watched a Richard Pryor video. How about going out tonight to see a stand-up comedian or watching one on Netflix?
2. Sleep more. Adults need a minimum of eight hours of sleep every night for improved health and well-being. I would be 90% of you reading this aren’t getting this consistently! I have many clients that I follow daily to help them create healthy lifestyles, and eight hours isn’t the norm. I have some great tips to improve on your 3-5 hours of beauty rest.
3. Avoid overtraining. Daily exercise strengthens your body, but overdoing it can leave you weaker than when you started, and increase stress on the body! Listen to your body, if it needs a rest day, rest.
4. Go outside. Hold onto your sunscreen to protect you from skin cancer and premature aging, but small amounts of sunlight will give you the vitamin D you 1 need for healing.
5. Listen to music. Losing yourself in music is a constructive way to manage stress than can otherwise undermine your immune system. Arrange a playlist for different moods.
6. Reduce noise. On the other hand, unpleasant background noises can compound daily stress. Get a pair of sound-canceling headphones and wear to tune out the sounds in your environment.
7. Hang out with friends. Isolation is also hard on your immune system. Call up a friend for a coffee date. Be sure these friends challenge you to be a better person, on all fronts. If you’re around someone and feel worse, analyze this friendship, is it causing more destruction than good?
8. Self-care. Every day have time set aside to take care of yourself, lower your stress and do something you like to do that while doing it, you get lost in it, and the world and pressures melt away.
9. Drink tea. Consider trading in your second cup of coffee for a helping of tea. It’s full of phytochemicals and other substances that help to prime your immune system for action.
10. Think positive. A cheerful attitude is one of the best defenses against illness. Plus, even if you feel under the weather, patience will lessen your discomfort. Consider writing a list of things you’re grateful for every day; this will help determine your purpose, lift your spirits, and energy.
Immunity Boosters You Can Work on with Your Doctor
1. Schedule yearly screenings. Screenings help detect cancer and other conditions early on while they’re still curable or controllable. Many tests are quick, safe, and painless.
2. Quit smoking. It’s becoming easier to give up tobacco, so keep trying. Your doctor can help you customize a strategy that works for you, like nicotine patches or online support.
3. Discuss your family history. While you can’t change your genes, you can talk with your health team about how they affect your immune response. That way, you and your physician can better understand your risks and how to address them.
Catch fewer colds and protect yourself from more serious conditions like heart disease and diabetes by taking care of your immune system. A healthy lifestyle and appropriate medical care can extend your life and help you stay active.
Don’t know where to start? No problem I have a Wellness app that will allow me to monitor you daily, twice a day and encourage you with small steps to a healthier immunity, let’s get started CLICK HERE.